Monday, October 1, 2012

Gadgets for a runner's weekend

Bluetooth Handset Hack
Hi there, fellow runner! This weekend brought me a couple of topics. First of all is about powerballs. If you don't know what it is yet, then I'll redirect you to google search, but in two words it is a gyroscopic exercise tool, a device which one can use to exercise the wrist as part of physical therapy or in order to build palm, forearm and finger strength. It can also be used as a unique demonstration of some aspects of rotational dynamics. The device consists of a tennis ball-sized plastic or metal shell around a free-spinning mass, which is started with a short rip string. Once the gyroscope inside is going fast enough, a person holding the device can accelerate the spinning mass to high revolution rates by moving the wrist in a circular motion.

So here all scientific part is finished.I've bought one as it costs quite cheap -- about 10 bucks, looks nice and as I heard, it can help people, who spend most of their lives with computer keyboard to stay healthy much longer -- it prevents some finger and palm diseases. So it works nice, but it's too loud while in use, I can't use it in office or while watching tv -- it ruins all other sounds and breaks idea of non disturbing exercises. But it still feels good and I'll use it for some more time. Recommend. I've got the entry level model, it has no counter and can rotate something about 8000 somethings per something. Interested in upgrading, but cant't say why. Will use this model fot some time and decide whether it is still interesting in long run.

The second story is about wireless mouses. I've used to work with blue-tooth mouses for about 4 recent years. My favorite was V470 Cordless Laser Mouse for Bluetooth by Logitech. But this Saturday it dropped from the table and died. I really loved it and was some sort like addicted to it -- it was designed for my hand perfectly and it weight felt really good. And it featured laser technology. I thought that it matter, but how terribly I was wrong -- this Sunday I went to local hardware store and got Wireless Mouse M325 by logitech -- it is almost the same, but works with radio module, not bluetooth, got only one AA sized battery inside and feels really nice, though cheaper. But it works and cost four times cheaper -- just 15 dollars in our cold northern country. Recommend it too.

By the way, going back to my LG optimus L7 1 year of use experiment, it is still on -- I've bought picsay pro and camera zoom fx this weekend. Prices on them during the sale on google play were magnificent. And applications are not complete crap, you can even do some photoshop like stuff when on the go with PicSay -- it is really useful. They only had a discount on runtastic, but I've already got runkeeper and terribly fond of this application. Can recommend this too.

Have a nice day, fellow runner!


No comments:

Post a Comment